As a nine-year-old, I remember asking my mother, what is scheduled caste? And I still can't forget how she struggled to satiate a nine-year old's unending queries on the depth of the topic. Dissatisfied with my mother's answers, I rushed to my baba (grandfather) with the same set of questions and expectations of them being answered to the best of my satiation. My baba sounded quite happy about being a brahmin. He too tried his best to answers my uncanny questions but to no avail.
Growing into teens, those questions on castes, still left behind unanswered but buried somewhere in my subconscious mind unaware of the fact that being born as a brahmin will play a magnanimous role of speed breakers at each step of my career and life ahead. Never at school or home, during growing years, I remember if any surnames made any differences. But as a grown up, I realized they do make a difference. Being born as a brahmin does make a difference!!
Being brahmin will deprive you of several opportunities that otherwise you deserve because you worked hard to earn that desirable qualification. What if I have all qualifications or talent?? I still must make pronounced efforts to take that leap in the career because I am born brahmin or otherwise compromise with a substandard position in the wake of unemployment or look forward to migrating to foreign lands.
What are we brahmins paying for?? What is the crime of brahmins of our generation?? You may enlighten yourself upon caste hierarchy at https://www.bbc.com/news/world-asia-india-35650616.
India is a secular Nation since 1950 and officially, there is no place for religious, culture or caste segregation in our society. Caste based reservations were originally meant to be a temporary affirmative action plan that was applicable for just 10 years to bring in equality but unfortunately, they are ever increasing the segregations and discrimination, hindering the country's growth, development and competency at all spheres.
Right ma'am
ReplyDeleteYess
ReplyDeleteSo true
ReplyDelete✔️
ReplyDeleteTrue
ReplyDelete